Are You On Target? The Basics of Audience Research and Field Testing Health Materials
1.0 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Knowing what your intended reader needs and wants is essential for the development of easy-to-read materials. The best way to find this out is to ask them! This module explains why audience research is important, what and whom we are testing, recruiting participants, how to do the testing, examples of tools to use when testing, and using the results to refine our materials.
- Describe why audience research is important when developing materials.
- Describe what you can learn from audience research.
- Explain the different types of audience testing.
- Identify different field-testing techniques to determine if the audience understood the information.
- Describe how to formulate a goal, determine methods, and develop questions for audience research.
- Explain how to plan, facilitate, and analyze an audience research session.
When completing the on-line module you will be presented with learning objectives, brief cases, questions for reflection (not scored), and interactive lessons with hyperlinks to engage you along the way. Once you complete the lessons, you will be presented with the Module Evaluation and then the Post Test (which requires a score of 70%), followed by the opportunity to print your Continuing Education Certificate. Modules remain available for your future reference once you have completed them.